17th Luftwaffe Field Division
The 17th Luftwaffe Field Division was formed in 1942-43. It was stationed on the Channel coast of France in 1943. In the spring of 1944 the division was in the Le Havre area. It was virtually destroyed in northern France in August 1944 and was disbanded. Its remnants were absorbed by the 167th Volksgrenadier Division which was formed at that time.
The PDF file below are documents of the 17th Luftwaffe Field Division, these are KTB’s and operational orders for 1944.
*The documents in the PDF vary in dimensions in order to maintain the highest possible resolution. It is recommended to download the PDF to view and not view it in the browser.
Feedback or comments are welcome.
- US National Archives & Records Administration